CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wedding World of the Past: PART 2: Wedding Shower and Registries

" To me, if you are a young girl and you find a boy 'groovy' and you go off and move into his 'pad' with him, you are definitely making a terribly bad mistake" (Zsa Zsa Gabor)

Hence, the importance of the wedding shower!
(1956) To the Bride:
"undoubtedly the greatest invention since the discovery of electricity is the marvelous new Sunbeam Automatic Electric Controlled Heat Frypan"

That is lovely!


International Sterling 1947 ad
" Aunt Beth, do you remember the day I told Tom I'd marry him? Oh, I was in the stars about it. I guess I didn't come down to earth till we had the family talk, and mother and dad told me they could swing the wedding, but not much in the way of 'worldly goods'" " Have your International Sterling, honey... even if it's just two place settings!"

0 comments: