CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

He brings color to my life

This is the ring Mr. Engagement gave me when he said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I did have some say in the ring I wanted, which leads me to wonder if left to his own intuition what ring would I be wearing. This was also the same thought that lead me to put in my opinion on my ring. I considered something untraditional, something possibly more similar to a right hand ring, and I thought about antique rings. There were so many options for that one little finger, I can't image the stress it is for a man to find the perfect one.


I love my ring. In certain lighting the colors sparkle perfectly. However, Even though I wear this ring on my right finger I still have to classify it's meaning. For example:

My Mom:
I wasn't one to run and text message, mass e-mail, or stand up in time square to announce that I was engaged. I am shy and this is not an indication of how I felt about this event. So when I came home for Christmas I showed my mom my ring and asked, "what do you think?"
Mom: It should have been blue or emerald.
Me: Okay
Mom: What is it? Did Mr. Engagement give that to you?
Me: Yes
Mom: * now the excitement set in*Let me see it! OH now you're going to going to go tell him I said that.


One of my Aunt's Responses:
Aunt: Let me see your hand!
Me: * show her my hand*
Aunt: Oh, I thought that was something else.
Me: It is.
Aunt: I thought it was an engagement ring
Me: It is
Other Aunts: Ohh, let me see!

It is hard to believe that a touch of color confuses people so. Should I have picked something more traditional? Or more... absent of color? No. I just say I was engaged in the wrong country. Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth, and Princess Diana received a Blue sapphire, Princess Ferguson a Red Ruby. I also do not think of this as an Alternative to the Diamond ring, or a rebellion against the Diamond. This is simply the choice of the royal families and I :) .


So, Ladies whose husbands also brought color to your life, Have you met some resistance?

P.S. The slogan "diamonds are forever" was/is a popular advertisement that began in the 1940's. Divorce rates between 1940-1948: 3,620,000. This was the same amount that had been granted in the previous 18 years. But hey, I guess neither Princess Diana nor Princess Ferguson had fairytale wedded lives!

0 comments: