CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LES: long engagement syndrome

Why should one be so obsessed with a wedding? I actually feel somewhat miserable after I have spent 5 hours searching the internet for flowers, cake toppers, invitations....... I am in pain making this list of what I obsess over--embarrassed that a grown woman has placed her life second for wedding planning! I think I feel especially miserable because I have a long engagement. Please, I need another hobby! Why should almost two years of my life be dedicated to 6 hours of my life? I don't want this outcome! I can't bare to think of this future! I argue with Mr. Engagement, somewhat out of jealousy, that he can play his video games while I obsess over the minuscule details of OUR wedding. Yes, I still believe this is OUR wedding. I have time to second guess my ideas . I have time to find the cutest details and the latest trends in the Martha Empire. I have time to stalk photographers' blogs for hourly updates in vain. I have time to worry over the off white, creme, egg shell, and antique whites of the wedding world. Time for projects. Too much time. Over the next week I am trying to come up with ideas to control myself--straight jacket? electric shock? I will let you know how I manage.


How have you managed?

0 comments: