CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mr. Engagement's personality. Second DIY

Okay. So a wedding should emphasis the couple's personality. However, incompatible the two may be. Mr. Engagement and I have different taste. Hence why I pick out my own presents :), and suggestively (I.e. point it out at store) tell him what I want....Southern tradition started the groom's cake. The one little section that guests can point and laugh WITH the groom--lighthearted good fun (but wait, that's what I want the whole day to be!!) . Okay, so in light of a small wedding guest list and the Dessert buffet table we opted somewhat against the groom's cake. No red velvet armadillo here. Additionally, we have had the multiple cake topper thing. So when we began to think of cake toppers Mr. Engagement picked ** cringe** The Simpsons (insert theme song here). They didn't go with the ones I had selected but they were going to work because me and him go. So we ordered the Simspons' prom figures off ebay and bought some enamel paint from Micheal's. He over coated Homer and 5 months later we bought some paint thinner and redid Homer and I began embellishing Marge to match me. Don't you feel a little connection with every bride that stands on top of a cake ! So I added some Bling (look at her left hand :-o!), bought some fake fur and some tulle for a stole and a veil. Viola! prom Homer and Marge become wedding Homer and Marge. Minus the blue hair she has some style, No?

Oh, and the stand is a paper mache box wrapped in ribbon.

What great couple in history are you and your groom? Do you and your groom "clash"?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I might just have to steal this idea. I was so sad I couldn't afford the Simpson's weddng cake toppers. My groom is a huge fan as well. Me not so much...but I want to do this for him. Can you tell me more about how you painted them?

LuckyKY said...

I just used model paint you can get from any craft store. Just make sure you don't put it on too thick and let it dry between coats. The other stuff I just found around the house or at the craft store for a couple dollars. Very simple and economic! Let me know how it goes!