CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Beginning words

Hello/Hi/ Welcome.....
I am sharing my ideas here in hope to give inspiration; Showing how things can be done in an alternative way and at an alternative cost. My mom taught me most things can be done myself and this idea runs most of my home decor and now my wedding planning. I believe forever I we treasure the memories of my wedding and the items that I put my heart into. I hope my guests will be impacted by these decisions.

The wedding:
Mr. Engagement and me are planning an outdoor fall wedding. Our ideas are eclectic and without theme (much like myself). Embraced in our ideas are love for vintage and all things beautiful, including each of our personalities! Our inspiration comes primarily from Martha Stewart, Knot bios, and the weddingbee. We also try to avoid the "wedding Industry" like the flu and opt for some untraditional decorating advice from home decor.


TIPS:

* DIY are not always cheaper! But they add sentiment and charm to your day (I believe that is what it should be about).
* That said, DIY can often be WAYYYYY cheaper. Especially for the special extra "Martha" touches that begin costing an arm and a leg.
*Use items that have resale value or that you after the "I Dos" ill be great additions to your new home.
* Use items that are not "wedding" retailed. Adding wedding to anything increases the price, photography, flowers, etc. Not only does price increase but items that are not wedding are sometimes more beautiful. Tulle ain't my thing!
* Shop the clearance aisles after Christmas. Yes centerpieces, favors, candles, vases can all be found after clearance up to 75%. Remember somethings can be mismatched but then other things can't be. Don't give up a chance to get 100 table napkins for 1.00 for the additional 25% off, when stock goes down.

These are a few items that may help the bank and save you from that ugly, "THAT COST HOW MUCH!!!" look and maybe bring a bit of sentimental tear to our eye years later.

0 comments: