CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Louisville Outdoor Wedding Venues

This has been my least favorite post! Mainly because all these pictures were taken by me with my film camera (yes I still prefer film) and then scanned in-- an awful lot of time to post this. But, here are several of the bigger outdoor venues in Louisville for your viewing pleasure. There are other outdoor venues in Louisville **, but due to time constraints I only took pictures of these. Each of these have their perks and disadvantages. These pictures are representative of Early fall!!
Farmington:
This is a lovely plantation. Location wise this may be difficult to find for Out of town guests.




Garden Court:
This is a seminary in Louisville, located in the old part of St. Matthews--which I always thought was lovely. However, this may be difficult for out of town guests to find. I am also not sure about local hotels in the area. The indoor area is very charming. Tons of places for elegant wedding pictures!






Locust Grove:
A historical home located off River Road. One concern if the shadiness of the property, as this will have an affect on photographer's lighting. Also, grounds aren't as "colorful" as other outdoor locations at this time of year.




WaterTower:
I have always been a fan of the water tower on River Road. I did not visit the inside of the water tower but the website shows some gorgeous interior.
Whitehall house and gardens:
In my opinion, this is one of the most gorgeous outdoor locations! The gardens are just amazing. FI didn't share my excitement for this venue though. One of the things that concerned me the most though was a $1,000 tent deposit (yes that is a comma there). This is not to rent a tent but just for the permission to have one. I would imagine there is a good reason for this I just don't know what it is. But the variety of pictures that could be taken (gardens, home, woods..) is larger than some of the other venues. Good place for an engagement picture?




What do you think of the Louisville choices?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Yew Dell Gardens? in Crestwood?

Anonymous said...

True. Unfortunately when I visited I didn't have my camera. A gorgeous spot with a number of indoor and outdoor options. One of the more pricier venues though. There is also the gardens of ray eden which I have seen a number of beautiful weddings there. I couldn't get an appointment to view this location before I decided on a venue.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I am planning my wedding from Alaska right now and it's nice to have an outsider perspective rather than the venues opinions. It's been extremely hard trying to plan from here and not going to see the places for myself.

stevenjared0853 said...

When it comes to book wedding venues, there are several aspects to closely consider. The most important thing is size of the spot. You should be confident about size according to your wedding guests list and the rates charged.