CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Proposal: I'll ask and you say "Yes"

My proposal was everything I had hoped it would be.

At about 11 at night I was passively watching TV and looking around the internet (AWW, the modern day proposal! so romantic). When I heard a loud banging on my door. I got up from the couch to answer the door when I heard steps pounding down the stairs. My first thought was a rude neighbor had gotten some of my mail and was terrified of me answering the door! However, when I answered the door laying there was an envelop from Mr. Engagement. Written insider were sweet words about his hopes for our future and memories of our past. At the bottom was a note to come to the park and to dress warm, "cause baby it's cold outside". I was tearing up a little by now. Knowing what this was. I drove to the dark empty park and thought for a moment that maybe I was at the wrong park or maybe I was mistaken about something. However, when I got to the back of the park there I saw an illuminated path. I stepped out of my car and began following the path stopping along the trail to read these messages that had been carved into pumpkins:

You are my friend (I think this one was the one that really made me tear up the most)


You are my life

You are my love


I love you Miss Engagement



Finally behind a tree were stacked three pumpkins that read:

Will you spend the rest of your life with me?



and Mr. Engagement with tulips (our first date was to a tulip festival) and the ring box:


Needless to say I was in tears and all I remember in the rush of emotions was him asking why I was crying and me describing how happy I was.

His plan was that we would sit together on the bench for awhile but I was too excited to run home and get my camera. Also, it was FREEZING! roses were gathered at the beginning of the trail and had frozen, and so as we rushed to gather pictures it became too cold to stay. Simple and Sweet.
(That white is the Roses Defrosting )

I love engagement stories, What's your engagement story?

0 comments: