CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mr. Engagement's wedding purchase

A few weekends ago we went to an estate sale for an antique store that was liquidating their stock in one of their storage spaces. We got up at some crazy hour in the morning (which for me means before 12:00 on weekends. before 11:00 on weekdays) and we stood out in the cold for our turn to enter the store. I walked out an hour later with a lamp, an easter trinkets and some old magazines to turn into some craft project. The check out lady mentioned that everything left would be half off tomorrow. So as I was leaving I was telling Mr. Engagement this and how we probably wouldn't be getting up that early again tomorrow. Well, another salesmen overheard me and said that we could place a bid for $1.00 more than half off and if the item did not sell tonight we would win it tomorrow! Well Mr. engagement had found some large metal bucket (excuse the description. I have no idea what this thing is or was) that he thought would be great as an ice chest. He had showed this to me but I didn't really remember it. I trusted his opinion if this is what he wanted. So we WON!! Ahh don't you love when you win ebay auctions! I guess that means no one else wanted it :). Oh well. Here it is. We might repaint the stand but we are either using this so people can get their own ice or to store some drinks.


This now sits inconveniently in the middle of our kitchen!

I'll probably paint the legs gold with some spray paint.

Does it surprise you what your FI picks out for your wedding? Where are you storing your wedding purchases?

0 comments: